Photo by libellule789 from Pixabay
Are you looking for some fresh and non-trivial topics for a research paper in English? Then you’ve come to the right place! We know how difficult finding a good topic can be, and it’s a well-known fact that your paper’s theme determines 50% of the success of your essay or research paper. We are presenting you with our ultimate collection (well, a part of it, actually) of topics for English research papers. We won’t promise you that writing about any of these English research paper topics will be easy, but it definitely will be interesting and innovative.
How to Choose Effective Topics for English Research Papers?
Before presenting our ultimate selection of meaningful and catching English research paper topics, we will discuss the main factors of selecting a good subject to write about and impress. By learning more about these core criteria of choice, you will quickly define the most persuasive research paper topics for English in any area and be able to select the best research paper topics for high school English or English research paper topics for college students.
Ensure that you understand the goals
Once assigned to write a research paper, ensure you are clear with the writing goals. Most teachers provide students with instructions containing all requirements explaining the main aims of writing. Such manuals mostly suggest working English research paper topics, recommended writing style, deadline, tone of voice, word count, and other preferences to master a forthcoming paper.
Select an area of your interest
If a teacher gave you carte blanche and did not suggest any specific English research paper topics to choose from, you should define the area of your interest by yourself. For example, you can consider the trending options of topics by sourcing on the web. Find the most actual subjects on TOP in the current period and decide which interests you the most.
Look, are there enough sources
Selecting working and meaningful English research paper topics would be easier if you ensured that there were enough materials on the case. Do a quick research on the web before you finally decide on the subject. Remember that choosing a rare topic yet to be researched will make your work on a paper very challenging.
Topics for English Research Papers About Ancient Literature
- Is it true that some plots and plot twists mentioned in the Mahabharata still have the most impact on modern literature? Why or why not? Which ones are the most famous now?
- Do you believe in the theory of 36 dramatic situations created by Georges Polti, derived from classical Greek texts? Are they still true for modern literature, or does the list need changes?
- What are the differences between ancient Greek and ancient Indian myths of creation?
- The myth about the great deluge and its way to the Bible.
- The Korean myth about the foundation of the Korean nation. What are the main differences between European myths on the same topic?
- Why does the main character in the myth about Cu Chulainn have such a weird appearance? Why is it described as incredibly attractive, though abnormal?
- Give three to five examples of the major influence of Poetic Edda on Scandinavian literature.
- What is the Egyptian Book of the Dead? Is it true that its texts served only ritual purposes?
- Mythological cycle about Hercules as a symbol of an ancient man challenging and questioning the existence of gods.
- The history of the writing system. The Phoenician alphabet.
English Research Paper Topics: Early Middle Ages
- Why many of the medieval works were written anonymously? What does it tell us about the perception of the author’s role in the process, and position of the human being in the universe?
- What are the main characteristics of early medieval literature which show the influence of the church?
- Describe the most important symbols in the Slavic epic poem “The Tale of Igor’s Campaign.” Do they have something in common?
- What is the symbol of three battles in the “Beowulf”? Why is every next battle harder than the previous one?
- Can we argue that the text of Beowulf is not homogenous and that it is composed of parts created in different time spans? If so, what are your arguments?
- How is the concept of time in “The Song of the Nibelungs” different from the concept we have now?
- Analyze Kriemhild’s character. What does the ability to wait for 20 years to take revenge on her enemies say about the woman?
- Why do Roland’s horse, sword, and horn have names? Which function do they perform in the epic?
- Is the representation of Tilpin in “The Song of Roland” as a warrior-bishop historically accurate or fictional? What is the function of his character?
- The historical background of “The Song of Roland.” Which events are real, and which are fictional? What was the purpose of writing this epic?
Topics For a Research Paper in English: Middle Ages
- The emergence of the concept of courtly love and its depiction in medieval literature.
- What are the classic origins of the chivalric romance genre?
- The depiction of female characters in later medieval chivalric novels. Is it true that they just served as a “decoration” for the leading male?
- Is it true that the typical plot of “damsel in distress” originates in medieval romantic novels? Why or why not?
- Can “Tristan and Iseult” be called a story about fatal love, or about love at first sight? Are the life paths of the two main characters easy, or are they filled with obstacles?
- Fate and fortuity in “Tristan and Iseult” as the main ways of forming the plot.
- Iseult is the first independent female character in medieval literature – agree or not?
- Why was the allegory so common in medieval novels? Use the example of “Gargantua and Pantagruel.”
- The meaning of the search of Holy Grail in the “Parzival.”
- The place of female characters in “Parzival.” How are they related to the search of the Grail?
English Research Paper Topics: Renaissance and Classicism
- Why is Dante’s “Divine Comedy” considered to be a pre-Renaissance or even Renaissance work? What does it have in common with medieval literature?
- What is the purpose of putting Dante’s contemporaries in various circles of Hell?
- What is your opinion on the fact that prominent people of ancient times, which were born before Christ’s birth, can’t go to Heaven? Is it fair?
- The influence of invention of the printing press on the literature of the German Renaissance.
- What is the core focus of Renaissance literature? How is it different from those in the medieval ages and why?
- The crisis of the Renaissance and humanism as depicted in Don Quixote by Cervantes.
- Why does Joseph Brodsky believe that Don Quixote is a very sad story, despite its superficial, humorous nature?
- The influence of “L’Art poetique” by Boileau on the poetry of classicism.
- Classicism as an epoch of philosophical, sociological and political literature. Why do these types of literature dominate in the minds of people over poems and novels?
- The plays of Pierre Corneille as examples of classicism and implementing three “classical unities.” (Choose one play to analyze.)
Topics for English Research Papers: Romanticism
- Traits of romanticism in “The Hunchback of the Notre Dame” (supported by quotes from the text).
- Do you agree that the cathedral is as important in “The Hunchback of the Notre Dame” as main characters? Why?
- Does romantic movement have an impact on the Goethe’s “Faust?” Can Faust be called a typical romantic hero?
- The representation of the devil in Goethe’s “Faust.” Is Mephistopheles plain evil, and does he act as a tempting serpent, or does he have a more important role in the play?
- “Frankenstein” by Mary Shelly as a reflection of perception of science in the Romantic Age.
- George Byron’s lyrical hero as a typical romantic hero. Which characteristics does the concept of Byronic hero include?
- Traits of romanticism and influence of the Byronic hero on “Wuthering Heights” by Emily Bronte with examples from the novel.
- Can Ivanhoe be called a classic romantic hero to the extent he becomes a two-dimensional “good fellow?”
- Rebecca from “Ivanhoe” by Walter Scott is a stronger and more independent character compared to Lady Rowena – agree or not?
- Do you think that Herman Melville’s “Moby Dick” belongs to American romantic literature? Prove your point of view with quotations or references to the plot.
Easy Research Paper Topics For English On Environment
- What are the main challenges of global warming?
- The unseen tragedies of the continuous ocean pollution.
- The meaning of using alternative types of energy aims to preserve natural recourses.
- How to reduce the problem of drinking water absence in African countries?
- How to save endangered species and preserve their disappearance?
- Can recycling make the world a better place?
- How can sorting waste improve the global ecological situation?
- How does global warming influence wildlife?
- How to minimize global air pollution?
- What are the main climate changes during the last 20 years?
Good Research Paper Topics For English On Business
- How do social media help to boost business performance nowadays?
- What are the main challenges of small businesses today?
- How has COVID-19 affected big corporates?
- What influence does terrorism have on Global businesses?
- Why is branding important for any business?
- How does SEO optimization affect the success of businesses?
- What are the best ways to reduce the unemployment rate?
- What is the best way to grow jobs in third countries?
- What are the most effective ways of reducing the unemployment rate in the USA?
- How can small businesses overcome the challenges in competitive markets nowadays?
- The effect of the NAFTA agreement on businesses in the USA.
English Research Topics On Technology
- What was its main impact on the world made by Bill Gates?
- What are the technologies NASA uses to explore Mars?
- How did the Internet change the world?
- What is the future of the Internet?
- What are the main benefits of using AI (Artificial Intelligence)?
- What methods of cybersecurity are the most effective?
- Do technologies effective in preventing terrorist attacks?
- What are the main changes brought by cloud technologies?
- What is virtual reality’s future, and how could it change the world?
- What were the main changes made in the world by Steve Jobs?
Best Topics For Research Paper In English On Education
- How did COVID-19 change the educational processes globally?
- What are the main challenges of multilingual education?
- What are the ways of making a teacher’s profession more desirable?
- Does homeschooling have a future?
- What are the advantages of using AI (Artificial Intelligence) in education?
- How to prevent bullying in schools?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using the grades system in high school?
- How to make a modern school a safe environment?
- In what ways to achieve higher education in the USA without huge debts?
- Is literacy for all achievable nowadays?
Interesting English Research Paper Topics On Criminal Justice
- Does the constant prevalence of criminal activities on TV and news promote these activities among the audience?
- What sentences are the most effective for rapists?
- Do death sentences help to prevent crimes?
- Is it practical to involve prisoners in the rehabilitation of prisoners?
- How to help ex-prisoners to find stable jobs?
- Why do people become serial killers?
- The pros and cons of the death penalty.
- Do some people commit crimes because of genetic predisposition?
- What programs and ideas for reforming prisoners are the most effective?
- Should people who do online bullying be criminally sentenced?
- What are the leading causes of recommitting crimes?
Great English Research Paper Topics On Popular Culture
- The impact of YouTube on popular culture.
- The COVID-19 outbreak caused the main challenges for the cinematic industry.
- How do the books about Harry Potter influence the desire of schoolchildren to read?
- What is the explanation of the reality show phenomenon?
- Why are movies about superheroes so popular?
- Can shows like X-factor, American Idol, etc. help to find talents and promote artists?
- Sexism issues in modern pop culture.
- How do popular bloggers relate to pop culture?
- The pros and cons of being a celebrity in the modern world.
- The best music projects of 2022.
Research Paper Topics For English Are Not Enough? Find More Help Options
We are here to help you with challenging papers in any discipline. Here at EssaySeek.com, we cooperate with writers whose expertise and proficiency leave no chances to fail. You can order us any type of college paper and get a perfectly crafted sample customized for your needs and within your deadline.
Requesting our help today brightens your tomorrow.